For me, painting and art, in general, mean a way of life. I believe that once you have tasted it, you cannot return to your old existence. Art, and implicitly painting, represents a spiritual dimension of the world, which offers the viewer a deeper perspective through which he can relate to everything around him. For me, art is as vital as water or air.
I am mainly inspired by nature. I spend quite a lot of time in nature, observing the little things around me. The flight of an insect, the fall of a leaf ... Nature is full of mysteries waiting to be revealed.
I've been painting all my life. Ever since I learned to hold a pencil in my hand, I started drawing. Then, when I discovered colors, I began to bring my drawings to life. Over time, I filled thousands of sheets of paper, notebooks, drawing pads, and even walls with drawings and paintings.
I attended the Arts High School in my hometown Ramnicu Valcea, and then the Bachelor's and Master's degree at the National University of Arts in Bucharest. Over time I have participated in numerous national art competitions, exhibitions, and even painting camps. My works can be found in public and private collections in Romania, but also in the Netherlands and Switzerland. I chose this path because I can't see myself doing anything else. As I said, art is a way of life for me, to give it up, would be to give up what I am. This road represents my identity The first ones who encouraged me to follow this path were the grandparents who raised me in the first part of my life. They noticed the pleasure with which we drew and painted and the time allocated to these activities. They were the ones who convinced my parents that my path is the path of art. Then my parents encouraged and supported me throughout my education in the field. I am perhaps one of the lucky few to have the full support of my parents. I am very grateful for this.
In recent years I have focused my attention on sea creatures and more precisely jellyfish. These creatures are known to the general public rather superficially. In reality, these creatures have a wide variety of shapes and colors, which make them even more spectacular. I mostly work in acrylic on canvas, but sometimes I enjoy experimenting. Watercolors, tempera, painting on glass or ceramics, textile paintings, murals, or icons on wood. The most recent experiment is the stained glass in the Tiffany technique. I am always open to new techniques and new ways of approaching artistic subjects.
• Bucharest National University of Arts. Faculty of Decorative Arts and Design. Mural Art. Master Studies 2018-2020
• Bucharest National University of Arts. Faculty of Decorative Arts and Design. Mural Art. Bachelor Studies 2015-2018
• Victor Giuleanu High School of Arts Râmnicu Vâlcea. Mural Art. 2011-2015
• 2020- Satu Mare Art Museum, XXV Anniversary Exhibition "Little Prince" XXV, Satu Mare
• 2020- Căminul Artei Gallery, “Akitzenie & Sons”, Bucharest
• 2019- Cozia Gallery Passage 1, “Identity signs”, Râmnicu Vâlcea
• 2019- Cozia Hotel, “Vlaicu Ionescu” Camp Exhibition, Călimănești
• 2019- Parliament Palace, “Achițeni şi Achițenii”, Bucharest
• 2018- The Institute, “Diploma”, Bucharest
• 2018- Artex Galleries, County Art Salon, Râmnicu Vâlcea
• 2017- Artex Galleries, County Art Salon, Râmnicu Vâlcea
• 2016- UNA Gallery, Rembrandt Competition Exhibition, Bucharest
• 2015- Artex Galleries, “My Râmnicul”, Râmnicu Vâlcea
• “Most Inventive Artist” Award, Rembrandt Competition, Bucharest, 2016
• Excellence Award, Rotary Cozia Gala, 2015
• The grand prize, the “Râmnicul meu” county contest, Râmnicu Vâlcea, 2015 CAMPS
• “Vlaicu Ionescu” Visual Arts Camp, Călimănești, 2019
Laura Stoian is present in these categories:
Need more help?
Certificate of authenticity
14 days money back return policy
Safe checkout guaranteed